Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Listing Users and Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfranco

MIS
Dec 31, 2001
US
Hello,

I am wondering if there is any easy way to compile a list of the user groups and what files/folders they have access to. I am looking for something I can pull up in a spreadsheet or document or something like that. Is there anything in Novell to do that or a 3rd party app perhaps?

Oh, and I am using Netware 6.5 SP7.

Thanks!

you can use trustee.nlm to do that, not as pretty as a paid for product, but it does the job and can but the info into a CSV file.

Find it on Novell.com

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt SPOOOOON!!!!! [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple

Sounds good. I have been trying to play with trustee.nlm, but I have always had a problem understanding read me files and the correct syntax to use. Any suggestions? All I want to do is list the user groups and what rights they have to files/directories.

If you're looking for a good 3rd party app that does many things well with a Novell network including what you're asking for, take a look at Adremsoft Server Manager. You have to reg for a demo copy but its well worth it. The website is :

Good luck.

Log into the web interface of the server, go to volumes, click information, then you can run a trustee report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back