Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Listing Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlevine

MIS
Jul 21, 2002
US
Howdy TT Foks..

Here is a fun one...

Would there be a way to do a list search of Disabled phones with a certain tag that I could employ into the programming for a future search later?

We are trying to do s small test run of Outting some phones now, and then re-using them later. I could do the cheap way out and try to keep a database, but that over time can get bungled. Would like to see if I can just do a list like Print of disbaled phones with out seeing the "real" disabled vs the "special" ones.

One small theory would be to make DES unique or some CLS that we usually don't use....

Either way, would be very interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thank you

Matt

make des unigue is definitely a good way. Or program the same number on all the "special" phones

When marking phone for outing I change the DES to month year disabled like XFEB06. I can list in LD81 and if I do a DNB it shows up as marked phone. It also allows me to know how long disabled. I shoot for at least 2 months before outing.

I do much the same thing. I will mark the DES as vacant then go to LD 32 and DISU. Then when i go to LD 20 and do a PRT, DNB, I just put vacant in the DES and it finds all of the phones I have turned off.

here's a script that list all disabled ports, you will need to match the loop numbers to your box, but i run it once a month or so
Code:
  capture on

transmit "ldis 4 0^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 4 1^M"

waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 8 0^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 20 1^M"
      waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 20 0^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 24 0^M"

waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 32 0^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 36 0^M"
    waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 40 0^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 52 1^M"

waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 52 0^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 56 0^M"
      waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 64 0^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 68 0^M"

waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 72 0^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 80 0^M"
    waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 84 0^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 88 1^M"

waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 96 0^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 100 0^M"
      waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 104 0^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 112 0^M"

waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 116 0^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 120 0^M"
    waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 120 1^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 128 0^M"

waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 128 1^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 132 0^M"
      waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 136 0^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 144 0^M"

waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 148 0^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "ldis 152 0^M"
    waitfor "."
    capture off
   endproc

another trick some people miss is ld 117

inv generate midnight

then any time past that,

inv prt sets, cards or all

the inv prt sets command, shows an idu of all disu sets as well as any sets that don't match the set type programed.. i usually pick up 4 or 5 sets a week that have walked off. generally due to a remodel or someone quit and that office is used for storage... when i 1st came to this site,i got back almost 200 digital ports and did's.. not to mention 100's of mail boxes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Everyone thank you,

Seems the DES field is the way to go...
Off Track, John is the Capture on/Off tags used by Procomm? or is that just you for readability?

Thanks again all!

ML

the capture on/off is an aspect command and it does create a txt file.. options/data options paths will let you change that path to your desktop,of in may case a share drive.. because we have 3 techs full time, a share drive gives the best path

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back