Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

listening - whisper - coaching - break in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

telesonic

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2004
GB
Hi

I have a client who has asked if we can set up a coaching solution for their call centre team.

IP500. IP handsets.
Supervisor wants to break in to an active call, listen, guide the agent (whispering in their ear without the 3rd party hearing them) and have the ability if need be to take over the call completely and talk with the end user.

Preferably all without having to hang up and break back in to the call.

I have been told by my distributor that the IP Office cannot do this, anyone out there clever enough to know how this might be possible...??

thanks
Paul

your distributor is right the IP Office can't do this.
This is more then one feature at the time, you want to have it all and that is just not possible

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

Making these features all converged depends on the ability and intuity of the programmer. Yes, IPO 500 can do that. Whisper action is possible. Only it has a little difference from CM Servers. Avaya IPO Communition Server has one feature that providers the supervisor to break in the actual conversation between the agent and the caller with a click of a bottom. The only issue is that the caller stays in a silent environment, like if he was put on MUTE action. When pressing Whisper Action button, the suppervisor listens to a short beep and then interrupts the current conversation. Only the agent listens to the suppersivor.

NoelOhashi, by the sounds of things he wants the agent to hear both the customer and the supervisor at the same time but the customer to only hear the agent, as Westi says this is not possible :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

I just assumed he was a bit fruity :)

He must have had other things on his mind, perhaps those pics of Bas we never got to see :)

lol! as long as you are on tek-tips, you will never let bas forget that will you :)

"There's a dog in the New Zealand section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back