Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Listener Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3221

Instructor
Aug 3, 2002
US
I've just installed Developer9i. I'm trying to run my first form, but am getting an error. It says:

"Frm-10402: The HTTP Listener is not running on computer_name at por8888. Please start you listener or check your runtime preferences."

I'm a pretty good developer, but not much on listeners etc. Anyone know how to start this listener.

Check your listener status with lsnrctl status <enter your listener name here if it's called anything other than the default>.

To start it; lsnrctl start <listener name if necesssary>.

Naith

The problem is that since 9i Oracle desupports client-server deployment, so even to test your form you need 3-tier deployment. Forms is shipped with oc4j container, so you need to start it first.

Hi guys I have the same exact problem.

I started oc4j instance but the same thing continues happening.

Did you try to run your form from Forms Builder environment? Did you start it from shortcut created by iDS installation?

Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back