Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Listen-only voicemail box

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomVH

Technical User
May 22, 2007
US
Can anyone direct me to information on the capabilities and uses of a listen-only mailbox and how they are setup? I poked around on the Avaya site and came up empty handed. I see it listed as Mailbox Type 1 but I can't find any information on it.

To make it work best you would add the mailbox and then send the message you want them to hear from your mailbox and not as a greeting in the type 1 .

make sure you set it to limited or no prompting and the caller will only hear the message and no system prompts. It will then hangup on the caller or you can tell the MB to send the caller to a diff mailbox in the caller destination field.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks a bunch. I set this up and it appears to work fine. I do have two quetions that I know I will get asked and it would be nice to have the answers in advance. When recording the message on the mailbox, I hear "message will be saved for 25 days." Where does this number come from? Can it be changed? The other question is how long of a message can be left on the system? Is there some parameter somewhere that defines that amount of time?

The Class Of Service controls it. You should setup a COS that has 999 in the number of days for new messages so they will not auto delete.

The length of the message is controlled by the senders COS with a MAX of 30 minutes.

You should also setup a contributor list in the type 1 so only one or 2 mailboxes can send to it otherwise you can have problems with someone sending a message by mistake that you do not want anyone to hear.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back