Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

list usage digit-string 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GroundRatt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2002
US
When I type in list usage digit-string XXXX I get no data found. I have looked through all the manuals and searched the internet and found nothing. Does anyone know if colletion for this needs to be turned on? And if so where? Thanks.

Steve

It appears to be the digit string that the customer uses, and, returns the vector number and line number. A display of the vector will show that on line x, the customer would have pressed the digit-string. We use no more than two digit digit-strings, so, this command works in our systems only if we have a match on one of these digit-strings.

Build a test vector, make a route-to step with a number to your local time and temp, or to your cell phone. Enter that info, then do the same command per: 'list usage digit-string XXXXXXXXXX' which is your cell phone. See if the feature works this way. If the system returns no info, it may be turned off as a feature with your load.

It will work if you have something like route to number 911234567890. Li usa dig 911234567890 will find that in the vector. If the nunber you are trying to find is in your dialplan li usa ext will find it, but li usa dig won't

DonBott

Author
10 Years Later: John Bobbit remembered

Here's what I've found with "list usage digit-string"..

"list usage digit-string" matches:
1) vector steps
a) route-to number <digit string>
b) goto .. if digits = <digit string>
c) converse .. passing <digit string> and <digit string>
2) vector routing table values
-"add vrt <table #>" and then enter <digit string> into the table
3) best-service-routing table (polling and interflow numbers)
4) VDN variables and Vector variables.
-what's good/bad about this is you can match PARTIAL strings for variables only. So if your VDN Variable 1 is "123456". Then you can use "list usage digit 123" and the VDN variable 1 "123456" will be listed. I like this partial matching for variables sometimes, and other times I wish I had control.

-y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back