Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List unmatched data in table A but not in table B 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiteClerk

Technical User
Nov 9, 2009
US
Hi,
I'm using CR 2008 version 12.0.0.683.
I'm trying to find data from one table that is not represented in a second table. Given table {Equip} and table {Tasks} I want to find all {Equip.EquipNum} that is not included in {Task.EquipNum}. My left table is {Equip}. I do have some Record Selection Formulas criteria.

I've been trying to do this by using Linkage Joins. I've tried Inner and Left Outer join, enforced to, =. Setting my Join commands to != freezes up CR when I run the report. I can get the opposite results just fine. (EquipNum must be in both tables.) Or I can also get the full data dump of {Equip.EquipNum} even if EquipNum is not in {Task}. Just not the unmatched data. Any advice? TIA -BoB-

Use a left outer join FROM Equip to Tasks. Don't change any of the other default settings on the link.

In your Select Criteria include the following:

IsNull({Task.EquipNum})

You'll have to manually edit the section criteria in the formula editor, but that's not difficult. Just click on the Formula button in the Select Expert.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Thank you Hilfy! That's exactly what I needed.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back