Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List Trace is an Invalid entry, How do you enable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

springmore

Technical User
Jul 18, 2005
GB
Hello,

I get an invalid entry when i try to use list trace command, can someone please advise how I can get this to work.
Thanks
Mark

Definity G3V8i

Heres my login permissions
Login

COMMON COMMANDS

Display Admin. and Maint. Data? y
System Measurements? y
System Mgmt Data Transfer Only? n

ADMINISTRATION COMMANDS

Administer Stations? y Administer Features? y
Administer Trunks? y Administer Permissions? y

Additional Restrictions? n

MAINTENANCE COMMANDS
Maintain Stations? y Maintain Switch Circuit Packs? y
Maintain Trunks? y Maintain Process Circuit Packs? y
Maintain System? y Maintain Enhanced DS1? n

You cannot run a list trace command for ASA when using GEDI. Try running Emulation in ASA or by using the SAT Terminal.

Hi,

The error occurs using the terminal or emulation.

Thanks

Should have read "I also get this error whether using terminal or emulation".

List help does not show the Trace command either, Does something need to be turned on?

Hi,

From what I remember the 'List Trace' is only available to Super-User, CRAFT , DADMIN and above.

Speak to your maintainer.

Best Regards

Steve.

In order for you to use the List trace command you must have MSP enabled. To check go to the money page display system parameters customer options and look for Y's on the two items: Processor and System MSP? y Station and Trunk MSP? y Avaya will enable these permissions for a small fee and you have to sign a disclamer stating any damage you do you have to pay.

hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Thanks ED,

I have these options set to Y
Can you think of anything else? I was thinking if its a problem with software version G3V8i.01.0.025.4
?

Is list trace avaliable in R8? For some reason I'm thinking it's not, but do not recall 100% one way or another.

I believe list trace came out with V9 and above...

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

List Trace works in our V8 G3-R with the MSP options enabled.

Steve.

I wonder if the difference is the R platfrom v. the si...

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

create or log in as another super user. Change permissions 'your login id'. Set everthing to y except for system mgmt data transfer only and additional restrictions.

It is not available in 8.1 only 8.2 and above.

Thank you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back