Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List report, totals above the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanir

MIS
Jun 16, 2006
US
Hi:

I have a list report with one section and 3 groups.

The client wants the total to be displayed before the list. They want the list line items to be below the total for that group.

In the page structure, i'm not able to move the list footer above.

Please let me know how this can be done.

Thanks in advance.

Click on the list and create manually a header. Then click in the header and split the cell. Now you have a cell over every column.

And now it becomes a little bit tricky. If you open the lock you can drag and drop the summary into this new header but it will show only the first element in the list. You have to aggregate this columns manually.

For example: You have a total sum of all lines in the summary. Then you have to create a new calculation which looks like this: "total(column-value for report)". Column-value is the item for the column.

So you have the total of this column in the header of the column. If you have many subtotals you must create a calculation for each one and calculate a total not for report but for grouped element.

For example: You have some days and for each day some intervals. Then you have for each day a subtotal like this "total(column-value for day)" and day is the item grouped for the days.

Hi djknuddel

Thanks for your help. it worked.

however, we r in UAT phase and there are lottt of reports here. So if the users finally want the old format back, is there an easy way of switching frm header to footer ??

Thanks.

undo undo undo...:p
can cognos 8 make me breakfast?

conditional formatting?

I got that done in relatively less time using XML....copy report to clipboard, open it in notepad, replace all listFooter> with listHeader>.....open report from clipboard and save it over the existing report.

AHAHAHAH

FOR

--> undo undo undo...:p
--> can cognos 8 make me breakfast?

Too much funny Lol

:)::::)||=============================>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back