Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List of well known socket numbers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjd

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2002
GB
List of well known socket numbers ???

Any boy got a list of well known socket numbers? IANA seem to have tidied up their site...now I can't find anything! - "Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?" -

you beat me to it! that was the exact site I was going to direct you to. It's amazing that you found it, ti took me hours and mustave taken a yera or two off my lifespan from all the stupid links I had to follow to get it. Cyprus

Funny thing. I was in Papau and Laos for a couple of years and almost completely off line. Exceptions being scant access to a govt. net fr emails occasionally.

Got to London recently and started to slurp up lots of tech bulletins and stuff (frightening changes popping out of the woodwork everywhere... a couple of years away gives you a new perspective)and I stumbled across John Postel's obit. So, sadssadsad...started to read it, went to one of the sites mentioned and lo and behold!!! There it was. (Well, there the link to the RFC archive was, anyway).

Figured no-one had told John he'd died and he was still making sure we got what we needed.

Or maybe he just had a snit fit, told 'em he was too damn busy, slammed the pearlies behind him and came back.

Tks

Seeya. - "Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?" -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back