Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List of web pages to visit for security information 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
CobolKid, Thankyou for the URL's they have been added to the FAQ.

Chris Anthony

I just browsed the faq and didn't see
Steve has a great free tool to see if you are being seen on the internet. For those of us who run wireless, this is a great tool. Called Sheilds Up. Tells you what ports are open, what files are being shared, all kinds of stuff for FREE! Check it out. (My machines are completely safe, thank you very much.)
[cheers]

Click here to learn How to help with tsunami relief... Glen A. Johnson
If you're from Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin feel free to join the Tek-Tips in Chicago, Illinois Forum.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx

Good catch, GlenJohnson, grc.com is a must add to any faq of this nature.

Thankyou to Woodrsaj and Glen for their contributions. They have been added to the FAQ. Chris R Anthony

Glen,

Know them too, Did I miss something negative there 'bout GRC? I sit behind real time stuff that monitors multi-level (and layer) filtering and packet content, GRC's pretty sound, even though he does not hit 20 or 21 hard.

Steve

Steve,

Thankyou for those URL's, they have been added to the FAQ.

Nothing negative about grc. Really would like to know what's going on now. Main machine getting hit with icmp attacks. Slowing it down. Gonna do some research. Good luck all.

"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough."
Groucho Marx

I always find the following to be useful when I'm in a hurry:

This is basically a set of security policies for reference. It goes with a glossary here:

If you are into the information security standard (ISO 17799), I guess the most useful site for me is the user group:

Although there's recently been launched an open source wiki on this which might prove to be good once it fills out:

Hope this helps.

Tekor,

Thankyou for your contribution, they have been added to the FAQ

Glen,
I'm seeing a lot of icmp stuff lately too; expecially pings and tracerts. Also a lot of of dynamic syn's and dynamic ack rst's against my known ip, a lot more than usual.

Hmm.

Steve

Haven't been able to find out anything yet, but it seems quieter.

"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough."
Groucho Marx

I've been using its a quick look at all the main articles on a whole bunch of different websites.. great for a quick glance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back