Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List of web pages to visit for security information 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that. I have added it to the FAQ

Link added to FAQ.

Thankyou

Chris A

Thankyou. These have been added to the FAQ

Chris A

Not sure if this qualifies as it is software rather than information, but is the homepage of the open source Ethereal network analysis product.

John

Whilst not strictly a site relating to security, it is useful to perform protcol analysis as part of the forensic investigation if a web site has been comprimised

The URL has been added to the FAQ

The Oxygen newsletter mentioned above is a must have for anyone involved with security, virii and all those things. It's put out by Panda but anyone can get it if you don't mind a few advertisements.

These sites have been added to the FAQ. thakyou for the information.

Chris R Anthony

Just thought of another one. I know, but I think slow!

List of viruses seen in the wild, as reported by many of the top anti-virus vendors. Updated monthly, usually in the middle of the month.

---

"I'm just here to regulate funkyness"

Thankyou. This has been added to the FAQ

Thanks a Lot for all the feed back,in the last few months i've secured my job :)
This a great acomplishment that im very happy to share.

About Security, I check these sites every day:

We have Checkpoint firewall, so:

New Viruses

Small antivirus companies, give very early warnings, panda rates virus/worms from 1 to 4, experience tells me, rate 4 requires atention, meaning checking network traffic, IDS patterns, etc.

Sources of security knowledge
Check the top twenty list, is a must!
Checklist and guidelines

Things worth reading are BS7799, CISSP, Common Criteria, Orange Book (ITSEC). Though i cannot tell how to get them.

Thanks again for all the feed Back.

Kio91

"Bitter winter, not a leaf left to fall

I have updated the FAQ with the above information. Thankyou for all your posts.

Oops- sorry about that! Just saw it there at the top- it's already been listed. :)

TheRaidersRock,

You should find most of the above mentioned references in the FAQ. If you find any more please post them to the thread and I will addd them to the FAQ.

Chris A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back