Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List of Rights in a Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaure

MIS
Aug 17, 2001
CA
I am trying to find a utility that can give me list of rights of groups and users from a Volume and its subfolders. I tried Tbackup but it is giving me "The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction" error when running it.

Please help.

This may be a machine-specific error. Have you tried running TBACKUP on another machine and does it do the same?

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"

Yes, I tried it on another machine and it does the same thing. I tried a suggestion from Microsoft to REM one by one the lines in Autoexec.nt to see which one causes the problem. It didn't give me an error message but there is nothing on trestore.bat at all.

Try running:

RIGHTS /T /S /C

and see what you get. This will output to the screen in a format but you can pipe to a file by adding

> FILENAME.TXT

to the end of the line. Unfortunately, this outputs in a standard format and cannot easily be formatted to the same format as TBACK

"It's true, its damn true!"

Thanks for your help. I was able to make Tbackup works. I have to REM out a CD Rom extension from Autoexec.nt. It doesn't make sense to me but it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back