Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List of Objects / Members of myPJX file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koen Piller

Programmer
Jun 30, 2005
NL
Hi,

Do we have a procedure which will list all the files in myProject, preferably grouped by:
1. DataBases
Free Tables​
Queries​

2 Documents
Forms​
Report​
Labels​
a.s.o.

like Tabpages in the PJX

Stay healthy,
Koen

Hi Koen,

You could open the pjx file as a table (use mypjx.pjx) and create a procedure with the information in these records.
It’s a bit of work, but probably doable.

I don’t have a ready-to-go procedure unfortunately.

Regards, Gerrit

Gerrit,
Yes that's the way I would do it also, however as you say, it is a bit of work. The members are listed in the memofield but certainly not 'ready to use to make a list'
Stay healthy,
Koen

Mike
It seems to me I am not so handy with that wizard: I get 2 empty tables plus a cdx file.
stay healthy,
Koen

There is _VFP.ActiveProject.Files and each File object has a FileType for categorization.
Using the PJX as a table has one advantage: You don't need to open the project in VFP to query it.

Chriss

Seems to me you could do a query of the PJX that would sort the files as you want them.

Tamar

Following Chris's suggestions, you could do something like this:

Code:
MODIFY PROJECT "MyProject" NOWAIT 
loProj = _VFP.ActiveProject
FOR EACH loFile IN loProj.Files
  ? loFile.Name, loFile.Type
ENDFOR

Obviously, this can be refined to produce something more useful, but it should provide a start.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Mike,
Again one of splendid ideas!
Will construct and publish here for those interested.
Stay healthy,
Koen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back