Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List of error codes in Arcserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

janab

MIS
Aug 28, 2001
US
I am new to Arcserve and please excuse me if I am asking a dumb question.
Is there a list or a link I can go to where the error code descriptions can be found?
For example Error E0015 means--------.
Error----- means -------.

I will really appreciate it, if someone can give me this information.
Thanks

Hi,
Unfortunately, there's no list of all error codes, even on CA's website. If you encounter an error, go to select your product and version, and then search for the error code.

Meanwhile, E0015 is a generic error code saying that the backup failed... so put ARCserve in debug to check if there's a more explicit error saying what really happened.

Hope this helps,
LST

All Arcserve error codes are documented on the CA website and in the Arcserve help file.
If you go to the Arcserve activity log, and double-click an error, extended help will be displayed.

I'm not saying the error codes are WELL DOCUMENTED, they are documented nonetheless.

Be more specific in the forum, and you'll get better help...
Hope this helps.

Jim P. Ames
jimpames@hotmail.com

Hi,

Let me add just a few words: unfortunately, only SOME (and not all) error codes are documented on CA's website... of course, it's the one you're looking for that's missing...

Moreover, the ones that are documented are often linked to
a specific problem that a customer encountered, and which has been solved by a CA tech. So, many errors are environment-dependent, and even if you find an info for the kind of problem you encounter, it's not the right solution that applies to your server.

Sorry Jim, but I disagree when you say that ALL errors are documented... but nevermind, the others things you say are true! ;)

LST

If you go the the job log and double click on any errors recorded, the error definition will be displayed in a help menu.
s-) Paul Wright
Senior IT Consultant
Worthing

Oh well, you read so much stuff on this infuriating subject it is innevitable that some may get duplicated (or in my case missed as I was reading too quickly!!)
LOL
Paul Wright
Senior IT Consultant
Worthing

I found that if you go to the Help topics within ARCserve, and search the index for "All Error Messages", that a complete listing of the messages is there. I hope that this helps.

Wendy

If you go the the job log and double click on any errors recorded, the error definition will be displayed in a help menu.

(Joke repeat .....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back