Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List of Activex controls for VFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordhawkins

Programmer
Sep 25, 2003
SV
Someone could point me to the list of Activex controls (and its functionality) that ship with VFP?
I'd also appreciate to know the parameters and other special features they may have.
Thanks in advance

I don't think this forum is the right place to list all activex that ship with VFP et their parameters. This formum is more a forum where you encountered a particular problem and we try to help you through it. What you are asking would take days (and pages) to describe. If you have VFP installed you can see to list of available Activex by going to Tools-options-Controls. This will list all activex on your system (both the ones that shipped with VFP and ones that might have been installed after the installation. As for what they do, you may want to search the internet for that.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.
ReFox XI (www.mcrgsoftware.com)

Hi LordHawkins,

You'll find a list of the controls in the VFP Help file, in the topic "ActiveX Controls Overview".

But, as Mike Gagnon pointed out, it would be impractical to expect us to list all the "parameters" (actually, I think you mean properties).

If you place a control on a form, right-click, choose "XXX properties" (last item on the menu), you will see the main properties for the control. The dialogue also has a Help button, where you can get more information (assuming you have the Help file installed).

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Think I did my request unclear
What I asked for was an internet address where someone has compiled a list of the Activex that ship with VFP. I have the idea to try to compile it (with the aid of people around the net) but, I don't know if its been done!!!
I'd like to construct a kind of synoptic table to post in the Forum that shows something like this.

Activex What it does Properties Notes

BTW
I've already searched the Internet, and only have encountered partial lists...

I'm sure your list would be useful, but, you know, there are only about 25 of them, and they are listed in the Help topic I mentioned.

Still, it will be interesting to see what you come up.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back