Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

list multiple partners for one affair 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

toby77jo

Programmer
May 4, 2006
BE
I have a problem, as you can see below I get a list of the same Affair from our business database, the reason is that one affair can have many partners, so it list the same affair over and over depending on how many partners that were involved in the affair. Is there a way to list the affair only once but to also list all partners belonging to it? Please send me a dummy explanation how to resolve this since I am a rather new user to crystal reports. I am using version XI,

Public Sector
Client 316 A342
Senegal: Identification of End date
the Netherlands Budget 09/30/2004
Support Partner AGRITECH Malysia 2002

For several years the Government of the Netherlands has
provided budget support to Senegal. Up to 2004 this aid was
provided for the financing through a special account at the
Central Bank of specific projects implemented by the
Senegalese Ministry of Env

Client 316 A342
Senegal: Identification of End date
the Netherlands Budget 09/30/2004
Support Partner BA SAMBA-DIOM Cabinet

For several years the Government of the Netherlands has
provided budget support to Senegal. Up to 2004 this aid was
provided for the financing through a special account at the
Central Bank of specific projects implemented by the
Senegalese Ministry of Env

A_ID 273 would be only E_ID 9 and skip 4 and so on. It would be best if it takes the first instance it finds in the db, the most important sector will always come before the other sectors if there are more than 1

So we are back to what constitutes the first instance. Isn't there any field which tells you this? How do YOU know what the "most important" sector is if the report is sorted in such a way that the E_ID field isn't in orginal order?

You could try using the first() function if it is supported by your datasource. In order to do what you want, you will need to use "add command" where you will do a subquery that limits the E_ID records to the first instance. It's hard for me to lay this out specifically based on the info so far. For your E_ID group (expertise), what is the table name? For the A_ID you are grouping on, what is the table name?

-LB

The table "Relations Affaires - Expertise" has a layout like this

IDRel (Autonumber)
A_ID
E_ID

The table is always sorted by IDRel, the first instance you find of E_ID is always the one that is most important.

I am using an Access 2003 db, will the first() command work? And if it works how could it look given my info.

Group1 in crystal (sector)

T_Exptertise.Description

Group2 in crystal (affair/project)

T_Tenders.Number_Affair (ascending order)

The table "Relations Affaires - Expertise" has a layout like this

IDRel (Autonumber)
A_ID
E_ID

The table is always sorted by IDRel, the first instance you find of E_ID is always the one that is most important.

I am using an Access 2003 db, will the first() command work? And if it works how could it look given my info.

Group1 in crystal (sector)

T_Exptertise.Description

Group2 in crystal (affair/project)

T_Tenders.Number_Affair (ascending order)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back