Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List Box colours 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisperkins

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2004
CH
Is it possible to have a list box and then have certain rows highlighted in another colour or would I have to use a 3rd party control like msflexgrid?

Chris

Chris,

Unfortunately, you are correct there is no way to get the rows of a listbox hightlighted with different colors using the default list box control.

I have seen ActiveX controls that are enchanced listboxes that will do this and as you have already mentioned the flex grid provides this type of feature.

Steve

Thanks for all the replies and the links.

How do I go about registering the msflexgrid. How much does it cost and where do I get it from???

Chris

Dear Chris,

You could write your own simple replacement for a list box.

1) Create a subform that will display your multi record list and use conditional formating.

2) Now place the subform into your main form, where the list box should/would be and you get a basic multi colored list box substitute.

Good Luck,
Hap... [2thumbsup]

Access Developer [pc] Access based Add-on Solutions
Access Consultants forum

Hi ChrisPerkins - I am having the same issue as you, did you find out how to get msflexgrid?? Thanks,
kt

Alternatively you could use the activex ListView.. free with M$ Access..

Its relatively easy to code, and you can control the colour of your text etc...

Might be a solution?

------------------------
Hit any User to continue

I have a database that shows a listbox with different colors in it, also creates associated report for each format, created by a Kevin Gray. If you'd like a copy, email fneily@hotmail.com

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back