Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List all login accounts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeJayWA

MIS
Jul 2, 2003
US
Using S8500 CM 4.0 is there a way to list or show all administered user accounts? In previouse version from the SAT I could "list login" but that is no longer available. So is there a way using SAT or the Web interface to find out what all of the user accounts are? I would like to remove any legacy accounts, but it looks like to to so I need the exact account name(s).

No command from SAT.

But, from linux Command line you can use:

loginReports -l (list login in cm4 linux for all logins)

via WebBrowser:

menu item under security, Login Reports

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

BTW, these options are added in cm4 loads higher than cm4.0.1 731.2 with a combo patch of 14101. They don't work for cm4.0.0 730.5
They also do not work in JITC load cm4-731.7 and there is no patch.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

Thanks for the response. I don't have Login Reports under the Security area on the Web Browser. I checked the profiles to verify that option is not de-selected, but that is not the case. Any other ideas?

Thanks for the version clarification. I am at 4.00.0.730.5 so am I out of luck?

You are not out of luck if you can login to linux.

cat /etc/passwd (login names and ids are in this file)
cat /etc/group (entries in this file map login to prof)

bsh

Thank you AvayaTier3 for the exact syntax for the linux command. I did get into the shell using an SSH connection (used Putty.exe) and retrieved the information.

now, you can use this "id" command from linux for each login:

id teejay

if "teejay" is a login, this command will show groups, shell, home directory, bash, etc.

bsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back