Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linux SQL, DNS and ASP questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
i just installed a new harddrive along with the old one so i am running widnows 98 second edition and linux 6.5. I am wondering if there are any programs to run an SQL server and to run asp? I have heard of a few for asp but not sure about them. Any regarding servers would be greate.Thanks

Hi,

What distribution of linux is that ? Turbolinux maybe ? Or is it the macmillan 6.5 which I believe is a re-packaging of Mandrake 6.1 ?

The two main sql rdbms for linux are mysql --> and postgresql --> . Mysql is established longer and maybe marginally better in terms of performance but does not support a number of sql features such as referential integrity. Postgresql does, however. You can also run Oracle ( and DB2 on linux ( .

Hope this helps

Hi,
For use with apache web server, you probably choose PHP wich is very use to use and install, and maybe you already have --> Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back