Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linux RedHat 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebiJo

Technical User
Apr 30, 2002
US
I have installed and used the Linux backup agent for RedHat 7. We did a fresh install of 8.0 and now my install fails.

error: failed dependencies
libarclic98_api.so is needed by uagent 7.0.1

Any ideas?

Is anyone using the Linux client with RedHat 8.0?

Thanks in advance,
Debi

I'm trying to install the client agent on Red Hat 8.0 and getting very much the same error, although I'd gotten other message as well. I got on the phone with CA and they had me send them the install script that's found in the Linux.tar.Z file.

I'll try to pass along whatever they suggest.

-Matt

Hi just wondering how you got on with the Linux agent install on RH 8. i have had problems. the rpm's are installed but I can't get the agent running. any hints / tips woudl be helpful.

thanks

ron

you should update your arcservit to v9 .or you can get the newest install package from v9 cd .try it ....

hi dooza,

we have brightstor V9 and I have taken the tar file from the CD. the install didn't work out. so i ran 'rpm -e' on both rpm's uagent and caagent and they unistalled OK!. i also renamed the old directory /opt/CA to /opt/oldCA. then i tried the ./install again but i get the message "An error occurred during installation of the caagent package. Sorry, you will have to resolve the problem before continuing of use a manual installation procedure. Exiting ...." The install guide for Linux agent and there knowledge base on the web is poor. We run Brightstor for on W2K environment but are evaluating the Linux agent for RH

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back