Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linux platform servers...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

book

Technical User
Jul 10, 2000
IN
I believe for a web site whose platform is Linux we need following servers..<br><br>database servers in clusters<br>web servers in web farm<br>application server<br>mail server<br>firewall server<br>ftp server<br>telnet server<br>transaction server<br>etc<br><br>Let me know which are these products for Linux platform..i.e. web server used is apache, database server is either oracle or sybase and not SQL etc..<br><br>thank you!<br><br>book

This is what I would use:<br>Database - MySQL or Oracle<br>Web server - Apache<br>Mail Server - qmail<br>ftp server - proftpd<br><br>I wouldn't run an application server on a web site and I am not sure what you mean by transaction server.<br><br> <p>Michael Regan<br><a href=mailto:mregan@bccs-ca.com>mregan@bccs-ca.com</a><br><a href= Cat Computer Systems</a><br>Black Cat Computer Systems build Linux servers and work<br>
stations for the small office. Our systems feature the AMD<br>
line of processors. They are an excellent balance of price,<br>
performance and reliability.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back