Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linux Client with Redhat 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebiJo

Technical User
Apr 30, 2002
US
I have installed and used the Linux backup agent for RedHat 7. We did a fresh install of 8.0 and now my install fails.

error: failed dependencies
libarclic98_api.so is needed by uagent 7.0.1

Any ideas?

Is anyone using the Linux client with RedHat 8.0?

Thanks in advance,
Debi

Debi,

which agent do you use ?? As far as I know the ARCserve 7.0 universal Linux agent does not support Red Hat 8.0.
The new ARCserve v9 Linux agent does

regards

Martin

I'm using the 2000 agent. Can you use the V9 agent with Arcserve 2000 advanced? Cause that's what I'm running.

Thanks in advance,
Debi

I'm not sure about that sorry, you'll have to try this one out or ask CA.

regards

I installed the linux agent for redhat 7.0 on an 8.0 machine and received the same errorm message. Does anyone have the agent available for download so I can test it. Thanks.

I posted this issue to the CA message board. I will keep you posted

As we are Linuxing on this post anyway. Does anyone has experience with usage of the Linux agent on Slackware ??

Thank you. If I stumble on anything I'll let you know as well.

Arcserve tells me that RedHat 8.0 is not supported as of yet. It will be in their next release due out in the March/April timeframe.

I tried and tried to get the Arcserve 9.0 Linux agent to install, to no avail. It appeared to have some scripting problems. It kept loosing it's home directory and then it couldn't find the files it needed.

-Debi

I had similar issues with the V9 agent also. I guess I'll be upgrading Arcserve in the near future or maybe try Veritas. Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back