Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linsksys Dynamic Netscreen Static 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobeta

MIS
Jul 8, 2002
US
Am trying to get a vpn between the Netscreen 25 and the Linksys BEFVP41. The Netscreen has a Static IP address and the Linksys is Dynamic. If I use the Static option in the Netscreen configuration, and enter the ip address of Linksys I can establish the tunnel. However, if I try to establish this tunnel with Dyanmic setup on Netscreen using Dynamic IP Adresss and Peer Id it is not successful. I have worked with Netscreen Support for three days with three different techs and they have verified my configuration is correct. They are basically throwing the problem to Linksys at this point. I was wondering if anyone has been able to get this to work. Linksys Dynamic and the Netscreen Static.
Thanks for all replys

You have to run a debug. Check in this post on how to do it. Are you setting the tunnel up in agressive mode. I had some problems when tying to use main mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back