Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys WMP54G Wireless Adapter/Home Premiuim 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponderdj

MIS
Dec 10, 2004
US
Has anyone had any luck getting a Linksys WMP54G v2 with the Broadcom Chipset working on Vista 64bit? I found drivers that say they should work and I've heard testimonials of others online saying they got theirs working but I keep getting a 'code 10 - device cannot start' error.

Any help?

Linksys might have a firmware upgrade for your Router, might be worth a check.

I sure have seen that link, linney. A few of the members there have had luck getting their adapters to work. Unfortunately they're using a WMP54G V4 with a Ralink 2500 chipset, whereas I have a WMP54G V2 with a Broadcom 4300 chipset.

Have to be online to access the site, which I can't do without a working network adapter :)

I may pull it out and put in it the "old" XP machine, but that probably wouldn't help because it'd see that I have the 32 bit drivers I need for XP.

I guess I could go buy one of the adapters that's documented as working with a 64 bit OS (I have the WMP54g V2 with a Broadcom 43xx chipset, the V4 with a Ralink chipset supposedly works), but I feel that'd be giving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back