Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linksys vpn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ospdk

Technical User
Nov 8, 2002
DK
Hallo
I’m new at all this so I followed all the instructions on the net to set up a ssh 1.3.2.2 client and a Linksys BEFVP41 but I cannot get the client logged up to the server behind the Linksys.
I get the error that the gateway is not connected or the key is wrong.
When I type the key in Ssh example 1234 it doesn’t create the same at if I type 1234 in Linksys set up.
What can I do?

Hi,

If you follow the instructions of SSH Corp. to the point VPN will work. No tweaking. No other instructions.

Remote computer should reside in different subnet than network behind Linky, no trace of IPs in remote network should not be in your computer.

Nice piece of software, works thru NAT.

The gateway of the server behind Linky must point to Linky.

Hi Markku

As I wrote I’m new at this, can you be more prices about the gateway on server (win 2000 server) pointing to Linky ?

Regards

Ole

The network settings of server should be as follows:

IP: 192.168.x.x ( whatever your internal addressing scheme is )
Netmask: 255.255.255.0 ( C-class I assume )
Gateway: 192.168.x.y ( internal IP of your Linky )
DNS: IPs.of.your.provider

When utilizing Sentinel you are connecting to WAN IP of your router, not the server, pls recheck the instructions.

HI Makku !

Thanks for your advise i will look at my server settings on Monday at work !

Regards

Ole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back