Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys BEFXS41 VPN with Sentinel and NAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dminute

Instructor
Dec 11, 2002
US
Has anyone managed to get the NAT-T or UDP encapsulation to work for either VPN endpoint router? I have the latest and greatest firmware on the Linksys and the Sentinel 4.1. I can connect all day outside of the NAT realm, but once I try behind the NAT router, I get INVALID COOKIES in the VPN log of the Linksys during the IKE negotiation.

Get a NAT-router which supports IPSec passthru, like BEFSR41, or enable IPSec passthru in your existing NAT-router.

Should work.

It is a BEFXS41 with 2 VPN Tunnel endpoints. My goal isn't to setup the VPN through the router, but TO the router. It just does not work when I initiate the session behind a router gateway with NAT. I know that IPSec has issues with NAT, but supposedely Sentinnel gets around that with either NAT traversal or UDP encapsulation to a specific port. Neither seem to work. Is it just a case that I can only connect in a public IP address space that is not being NATted?
Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back