Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys BEFVP41 - VPN client software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

olympus41

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2002
US
Does anyone know of any good VPN client software to use with the BEFVP41 Linksys VPN router?? Preferably free software.

If ever you are using Win200 or WinXp you could use IPSEC. This kbase from linksys would be the settings: KB10934290.

This IPSec client software (SSH Sentinel) will work with the BEFVP41 Linksys router, right???

according to the Microsoft Knowledge base article 252735 which is listed in the Appendix C of the manual IPSec will ONLY provide encryption NOT remote access that is what L2TP is for!!

I understand that two BEFVP41 on two offices work to form a VPN but I still have not got a computer to dial up to an ISP and get to their local network servers trhough this. I think you need to setup a remote network connection and IPSec.

Who ever said Linksys support was bad was not kidding. I think it is another case of outsourcing to another country.

Please do not read M$ articles about IPSec. Check the links regarding Sentinel and your problems are solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back