Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys BEFSX41 with VPN Endpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie9

Technical User
Aug 25, 2002
US
I have 2 Linksys BEFSX41 with VPN Endpint that will not connect to the Internet since my Cable company switched my Cable modems from Motorola to Ericcson. I also have 2 BEFSR41's that work fine. I have tried resetting the BEFSX41 and upgrading the firmware - but does not work.
I have also tried the DMZ Port .
I have tried entering a Static IP and also allowed it to obtain the WAN IP automatically.
Any suggestions - Thanks - VLT

Have you cloned the MAC address of your primary PC in the router? Almost every cable modem I have come across recently requires this for the router to establish the connection. This is how the cable company validates the modem.

Go into the router setup and go to advanced options.
There is a "mac clone" tab. If the User Defined WAN MAC address is all 0's then that is your problem. There is a radio button to set the MAC address to the MAC address of the PC you are accesing the setup from. Select that.

Confirm on the setup page that WAN connection type is set to obtain IP automatically.

Check the status page to confirm that you are connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back