Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys BEFSR41 REV 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkfade

Technical User
Aug 24, 2005
US
I have two computer hooked up this router, i'll be on the internet doing whatever, when the other computer request internet access for the first time, such as signing on aol via tcp or something else.. the whole connection drops and restarts. Help?

let me elaborate.. ok. i have two computers hooked up through a linksys befsr41 rev 3.0 4 port switch.. i'll be connected the internet and when someone gets on computer #2 and say opens ie or aol.. both connections drop and then will restart only the first time then everything goes back to normal. Any ideas what is wrong.. i've disabled MTU, i've turned off the dhcp within the router and used the settings via windows. I have no idea what else to try.

i guess the first place to start is check for the current version of the routers firmware.

Lenny :.
IT Guy :.
.::I dont know it all, but I make it my business to learn it all::.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back