Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Links working in Chrome but not in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippie1

Technical User
May 7, 2012
ZA
Good day,

I have a webpage which runs a PHP script to download info to the webpage. There is 2 buttons for a Application form and to book a test drive. These buttons are working in Chrome and firefox but not in IE. Here is a link to the particular page: Do somebody know why?

Because IE is ignoring the link around the button when you click the button.

Its is recommended to either use CSS to style a text link to look like a button, or use JS on the button's onclick event to get the desired functionality.

Either way surrounding a button with a link is a poor choice.

Code:
<input type=button onClick="window.location='financing.html'" value="Application Form">

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Thank you very much. It is working now. Just one more problem I have. On the home page there is a script that shows the cars that is on promotion. I used the function $data = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Promo ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1") or die(mysql_error());

The problem is that it is not downloading a new entry from the database everytime and in IE it is not changing at all. Is there a script I can use to show the images in a circular way. So if there is 4 entries it must show 1,2,3,4 and then start a 1 again?

This runs a db query and gets exactly 1 result from the db. It randomizes the order so you would get a random item each time.

Are you saying you want to get them in order rather than random?

Also how many entries do you have? If they are very few, its conceivable it may be getting the same one since there aren't many items from which to randomize.

Phil AKA Vacunita
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Hi.Yes, I would like it rather in order than random. There will only be 3 to 5 items in that field.

That's going to be a little more involved. You'll need to store the current displayed promo so you can get the next one the next time it loads based on what you displayed last time. Its likely going to involve sessions.

You'll want to post your PHP code in forum434 for more specific answers.

Phil AKA Vacunita

Web & Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back