Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

links trouble in 800x600

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfgross

Technical User
Nov 27, 2003
AU
Sometimes, maybe 3 out of 10 people with a 800x600 resolution, have problems to activate the links at
- as my client finally was able to prove to me. On mouseover, the "over state" is only partial visible or doesn't show at all and the link stays dead. This is quite puzzling, because on both my systems (800x600 & 1028x768) the links work fine. Also, no one seems to have a problem at 1028x768.

thank you

wolf

You may have more trouble than the links. I tested it on both NS7 & IE6. Works OK on NS7 at 1024x768 but none of the links work with NS at 800x600. Switched to IE6 and the links worked OK at 800x600 - until I clicked on one and then came back to the main page. Then, none of the links worked! Not even the rollover image!

It may be due, in part, to the tremendous overhead your moving around. First, I'd think seriously about turning the sound off by default and give the option to turn it on. I think that tickers are great for stock market sites - and no place else. IMHO, I find them distracting and, like site counters, tend to cheapen an otherwise excellent site. (Just my opinion!) What browser I use, my color depth, and my resolution does nothing for the site or the user and takes time and system rsources to query and post. Like tickers and counters, I tend to think that this kind of info is a bit of in insult - afterall, I already know what my systems has and what it uses.

I'd go back to bacics on this one and get the page to operate correctly, then start adding additional features one at a time.

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

Thank you for your help, I've re-structured the site and it seems to be working fine now.

wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back