Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Links in PDF file

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterphotos

Programmer
Mar 6, 2009
AT
I just assembled my e-book (TOC, introduction, 6 chapters and index) in PageMaker 7. In all four of its versions, I had the same problem, namely, a missing link to the index header in the table of contents.

All other links, including the page links in the index itself, are working perfectly well, all other links in the TOC are functional and the bookmarks link to the index header is working, too. In the TOC file, activating the hand tool rendered a link box around the index header. So everything seems to be working fine except that single link in the book, which is a nuisance.

Does anybody have an idea about what could have gone wrong?

TIA for your assistance,

Elke Fritz

Firstly, PM is dead, having ceased development in 2002, so I hope you're using an OS no newer than 2002.

Secondly, you need to use PM's "Export… AdobePDF…" macro to ensure all the links carry through to the PDF. Creating the PDF any other way will filter out the hyperlinks.

Thirdly, I'm not sure why one went astray - an error in PM somewhere?

Fourthly, if you have Acrobat, it's easy to re-link.

Liverpool: Capital of Culture 2008
Anfield: Capital of Football since 1892
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Thank you so much for your rapid help!

I had never tried to use Acrobat 7 as a standalone program but I found its Link Tool and now all my links are functional.

With best regards,

Elke Fritz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back