Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Links and Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffpoulsen

Technical User
Dec 9, 2002
US
Hi,

I would like to know how to link a picture, etc to be targeted to a page within the website. Can this be done? If so what is the proper syntax to put in the target window?

Hi Jeff,

Are you linking from a picture to a page or vice versa?

Also, are you trying to open the page in a new window?

To create a link from a pic to a page right click the image and select Hyperlink. Choose your link kfrom the list.

To link from text to a page with a picture on it, create the page with the picture, name it, highlight the text for your link, right click etc.

If you are interested in the browser fitting the image size, try this link ...

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal Smith

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

Micheal,

Thanks, I think this was just what I've been looking for. I have this question posted in several other forums and this was the solution. I will post this message from you and the fix in the others. If this is ok with you. I can purge your name from the post if you like. I still have one question. Is this considered a "popup" if it is then how likely is it to be blocked? Well thanks and let me know if you object to me posting this solution at other site. Jeff

Well, maybe yes, maybe no.

In terms of posting a fix to other forums, make sure you only let the know how you will proceed or that you found a solution.

Most forums frown on references to other forums.

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal Smith

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back