Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Without Creating Multiple Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

polynominalc

Programmer
Feb 11, 2004
GB
Hi

Can somebody help with my linking problem.

I am using CR9

I am inking 2 tables together to retrive the change history for the field requirement. I am using an equal join to link the 2 tables. I am grouping by requirement and putting the change history in the details section. However I get the following results.

Requirment 1
changed to committed 10/11/2003
proposed 14/12/2003
proposed 14/12/2003

As you can see I am getting the same records repeated 2 to 3 times, so with 700 odd requirements the report is reading 400000 odd records. Is there a way I can link so the change history will not be repeated as it is above

Thanks

PC

I need more information on your table structure to give you an exact answer. Please post the table structure and what field(s) you are using to create the link.

Also please indicate the database type and connectivity you are using in your report.

In general however, you can use a left outer join rather than an equal join to do this.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

An alternate option is to create a view, (not sure what db your running) with the distinct clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back