Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linking to e-mail or website from Projector file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oculus

Programmer
May 3, 2001
US
I know this subject has been touched on before, but allow me to ask a pointed question:

Is there a way to create a button within a flash projector file that will link to a website, or open an e-mail editor and insert the address?

It appears that "fscommand" will not let you pass parameters to the application it opens, and trying a simple "getURL" command locks the computer up.

Are there third party utilities that can perform this?

Thanks for any advice.

Oc.

Well don't know about you... But I just opened a site and the default e-mail form from a test.exe (windows projector), usin a simple getURL action:
Code:
on (rollOver) {
    getURL ("[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.google.com/",[/URL] "_blank");
}
on (press) {
    getURL ("mailto:oldnewbie@hotmail.com");
}
Don't see why it wouldn't work with FSCommand, although it seems NS6.x, in particular will... But you could also look at this:

For $49. bucks, it apparently does marvels!

Regards,
mywink2.gif
ldnewbie

Old:

Again, I tried getURL and it locked my computer up every time. Don't know what the difference is, but if it worked for you in a projector file, I'll look at it again.

Also, JStart looks like what I'm after in any case. Thanks.

Oc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back