Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking to an image problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryant89

Programmer
Nov 23, 2000
CA
I am storing the location of an image within one of the fields in my access db. example being C:\uvi\NetworkForms\NetworkForms_Local\MemberImages\Logos\13.gif
How do I display this image based on the field name. I cant use an image control because it won't allow me to use the field name for the source of the picture. Different reports need diff pics based on the criteria. I dont know how to display the pic without actually storing the pic within the db. I need to link the image source somehow to the value stored in a field.

I hope this makes sense.

There should be no problem to use an image control to display the jpgs. Concerning the report display the event to use depends on the format of your report.
If you want to store your graphic files inside the tables then you should use the Powerup Wizard for graphic files (GWA at

Not sure if this will be of any use to you, but I'm displaying images, stored as pathnames in a table, using the following in the OnFormat property of the Detail section -

Code:
Me!ImageReport.Picture=Me![ImagePath]

where 'ImageReport' is the name of the Image control, and 'ImagePath' the name of the field the pathname is stored in. Keeping a textbox (not visible)containing the ImagePath field on the report, or else it doesn't link in!

I'm new to RDBMS, so go easy on me. :eek:)

I have a report based on this SQL statement:
SELECT Information.[Inspection Number], DateDiff("y",[PendSent],Now()) AS DaysElapsed
FROM Information
WHERE (((DateDiff("y",[PendSent],Now()))>15));

Basically, it tells me how many days have passed since I sent out a pending report (PendSent field) Recipients have a 15 day grace period. I have another field called PendRcvd (date the pending report was received back). What I want my SQL statement to do is run the query again, but not list any reports that have been entered as 'returned'. Does this make sense?

E.g., I sent out a pending on 03/01/01. Starting on 03/16/01, every time I run the query, it gives me the report name and the number of days outstanding. Let's say I get the report back on 03/17/01. If I run the query that day, it will tell me that the report is 2 days outstanding. But all I really want is to know how many of the reports are still outstanding. I want to have another query that will generate a report of all the reports that were outstanding (this will take the difference between date sent and date received, but that's a query for another day). So what I want to know is how to add additional criteria (I already have the >15 criteria) that will look to see if there is an entry in the PendRcvd field, and if so, not report that report as outstanding.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!

I've been linking images into the report by way of a photo reference field. THe problem is that the photo's do not go with the correct records when navigating through the report in print preview and even printing. If you go through each record one by one then the images are correct but if you got to the end of the redcordset then the photos go all wrong and are with the wrong records.

Does anyone have any ideas please... this is a desperate situation!

You should try putting your code in the reports DETAIL_FORMAT section. That is where I put my code and everything seems to work alright. Just takes awhile to load 20 images for each page, for 50-100 page reports. There has to be a better way to do it, probably not even using MS Access. Might have to look into building my own DB program or using another reporting software (Crystal Reports maybe). Hope this helps, if you need more help, post your code or i can post some example code if you want.

InnerSlice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back