Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linking tables wizard fails when I select ODBC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfReynolds

Programmer
Sep 12, 2001
US
I have two computers that are failing whenever I attempt to create a Table, New, Link Table, Type: ODBC. As soon as I select ODBC as the type, the wizard stops and return to the base object browser. It is as if there are now ODBCs setup - which is just not the case at all. This second machine is a new machine / new install of everything - with all updates.

If it matters, these application could, remotely, be related to the problem: VStudio 6, VStudio 2005, Crystal Reports v9, and MySQL ODBC dirver version 3.51. Another machine works fine - it has the same applications loaded except it has VStudio 2003 instead of VStudio 2005.

As far as ODBC drivers, I only have the standard uSoft Office drivers, MySQL, and Crystal Reports.

I have just posted "ODBC Import Fails After upgrade to 2003" (27TH June).

It looks like we have the same / similar problem.
I upgraded my machine last week and got all the latest office updates from the net. Does this mean anything?

TabbyTab :)

Hi IntentDriven.

I have now got the import to work.
I did 2 things not sure which one cured prob.

1. Norton NIS - Antivirus
Options > NAV > Miscellaneous / Unclick (switch off) "Turn Office Plug-in On"

2. The other thing I did was recreate an ODBC profile under control panel / adim tools / ODBC.

3.Reboot PC
Hope one of these works

Good Luck

TabbyTab :)

It was definitely the Norton AntiVirus.

After turning the Office Plugin off, you have to close and reopen Access.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back