Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Tables to AS400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattprd

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2002
GB
I'm currently trying to link an Access table to an AS400 DB2 table. The link is created without any problems using client access. I can even go into design view within access and look at the AS400 table layout but when I try to open the table or run a query over the table i get the following error

ODBC - call failed.

[IBM][Client Access Express ODBC Driver 32-bit)][DB2/400 SQL]SQL5016 - Qualified object name "ADD03" not valid (#-5016)

Any ideas on how to remedy this would be great.

Thanks

Matt

Use the odbc driver supplied with client access express to link to the AS/400. This will work without any problems. I can't commenton the sql driver. [pc]

Graham

I dont think you can open the table using access. I do something like this using a linked server within SQL server. I then query the AS400 table and insert records into another table in the DB. The only way to view tables is with a "View" You can use VB to access and view the AS400 Data as well. The way the AS400 works is, you MUST specify "System", "Table" and "LIbrary".

Hope this helps

Also, look into Replication..you can use replication if you have the replication software loaded onto your AS400.

Thanks for your replies, I managed to view the data by changing the configuration of the Client Access DSN. The naming convention was set as System rather than SQL.

Thanks again

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back