Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linking tables after adding a table to back end

Status
Not open for further replies.

treviboy

Programmer
Dec 18, 2006
US
hi,

I added a new table to the back-end of my 2003 database and when I tried to link the front end to the back end , it does not see the new table. how do I do this? I have tried to link it 3 times, but it still does not work. I have not had problems linking before. Any ideas?

thanks

Have you compacted and repaired each database?

Did the table name have a prefix simular to the system tables?

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

I compacted and repaired the back end, but I didn't do the fron end ( I think I remember not doing it ). The name of the table is "users". I had a "test" database on my laptop with a table called users and it seemed ok.

I will compact and repair the front end and see if it works. thanks.

I compacted and repaired both - back and front and I still can't see the new table in the front end. What can I try now?

thanks.

Just click on the "New" table button, and one of the choices will be "Link Table". Browse to the back end database, then choose the new table.

You could also use the File menu -> Get External Data -> Link Tables to accomplish the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back