Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Sub-Report Data to Main Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrambles

MIS
Nov 21, 2003
US
Hello,

I'm trying to link data from my subreports to the main report. I created parameter fields in the main report and link the subreports to them using subreport links option. When I specify a date range it prints out all the data not the data between the date range. I'm using Crystal 8.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit the subreport and check the record selection formula to make sure the records in the subreport are being limited by the date parameter. In other words, you should see a similar statement to what you have in the main report.

We frequently do this in reports to accomodate reporting on invoices and credits which reside in two different tables.

For example, in my main report, which reports on invoices, the record selection is:

invoice.date = {?ReportDates}

Where ?ReportDates is a date range parameter

In the subreport I have:

credit.date = {?ReportDates}

Where ?ReportDates is also a date range parameter.

Then the subreport date range parameter must be linked to the main date range parameter, which it sounds like you've done.
--Bearden

Thanks Bearden,

It's working now thanks for the input...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back