Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Reports to Current CE User 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxG

Technical User
Jun 1, 2001
GB
Hi,

Does anyone know how to access the other user details that apply to a CE User ID/Name (ie. as defined in the CE user setup).

What I could do with is a command/function that could access the CMS database to return the corresponding Fullname and/or Email details for either the current user or all users.

This could then be used to generate a link to our database which does hold this information.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Geoff

Hi mdwyer,

Our firewall blocks this link....

Geoff

In our off-line email, I included the query
Code:
SELECT SI_ID, SI_NAME, SI_USERFULLNAME, SI_DESCRIPTION, SI_NAMEDUSER, SI_USERGROUPS, SI_ALIASES FROM CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS WHERE SI_PROGID = 'CrystalEnterprise.User' ORDER BY SI_NAME
In CE9, there is a Crystal Enterprise Launchpad that includes a link to a "CSP Query Builder." In that Query Builder, you can submit this and other simple SQL queries. The Query Builder uses SQL syntax but does not support the full relational SQL you are used to. SELECT * does work, however.

To incorporate this query into a web application, you would need to use .csp, .asp, or java as described in the web SDK for CE. I found the SDK documentation on the Web Developer's Guides link on the Launchpad mentioned above. The file I use is com_library.chm. I also found helpful, though somewhat redundant, an e-course from Crystal Decisions. Unfortunately, I cannot locate the same course on the BO web site, but its title is Web Development eCourse.

Your last email said
Is there any way that the results of the CSP script can be accessed directly from within a crystal report, eg. could a UFL be able to be created that had a parameter for the CSP script file location and return the result as a string?

Could you point me towards the most suitable documentation that Businees Objects provide that would cover using SDK if I need to delve more deeply?
From what you've described, I think you will need to use the SDK to develop a custom solution, but perhaps someone else here can provide additional ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back