Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking parent form to several children forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

watercooler

Programmer
May 7, 2004
CA
I was hoping to have my main parent form with a few command buttons on it. Each command button would open up a differnt child form linked to the main form via common unique ID. I am okay up to this point but now I want to be able to jump to the next record on my parent form and all of the other children forms that are still open would update as well. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

By the way, I want to stay clear of subforms.

Thanks,
Rob

There are several options you can do here but I would think that if you just run the openform action again it will simply refresh the open form with the new parameters

I would think that if you could do this on the parent form on current event or the common unique ID on after update or change event rather then even have to use buttons

Rough example
Private Sub Myid_AfterUpdate()
DoCmd.OpenForm "Frm1", , , "id = " & Me.id
DoCmd.OpenForm "Frm2", , , "id = " & Me.id
DoCmd.OpenForm "Frm3", , , "id = " & Me.id
end sub

each time myid updates it will reopn the forms to match myid it will not open another instance of the form
hope that helps some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back