Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking ODBC tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardBarth

Technical User
Dec 30, 2004
US
I have some Foxpro tables that I need to process with Access. I installed the FoxPro ODBC driver and set up a system DSN for foxpro tables.

Now for the strange thing: When I go to File/Get ExternalData/Import and then select the filetype of ODBC databases, the window just closes. I don't get the ODBC selection window at all. Even though the ODBC Databases is in the list of filetypes, selecting it does absolutely nothing!

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

I found the answer to this one!!!

It seems that Norton AntiVirus 2006 has a feature that addresses Office addins, and is turned on by defaut. This feature prevented me from accessing ODBC databases from the Access Link/Import dialogs. Once I turned off this feature, everything worked fine.

It would have been nice if this feature displayed a dialog indicating why access was being denied and included a check box to suppress future messages for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back