Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking multiple different databases: SQL, Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeterson

Technical User
Jun 28, 2001
US
Is it possible to link to a MS Access database as well as an SQL Server database, and simultaneously pull data out of each without encountering an error? I am assigned to research this matter and come up with as much info on it as possible, and i havent had any luck yet. :( Hopefully someone out there can give me a hand!

I have recently run into this problem, and have found an answer.

Just add the 2nd database through Database-->Add Database to Report. Then select the Log On Server button, and you can bring in your SQL database. Then, use the Visual Linking expert to link the new table(s).

It will probably give you a message saying it may not work, but it worked for me. Make sure you get the 1:M in the right direction, as it won't detect it (you can do that with right-clicking on linking arrow).

Hope this helps. - Karen

Sorry, I was searching for an answer, and came across this post - I didn't realize it was dated June 2001!

You've probably already found your answer. - Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back