Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Illustrator 9.0 to a dynamic database

Status
Not open for further replies.

kos12

Technical User
Dec 7, 2002
US
I have a large number of typical schematics (measurement values change, appearance of drawing remains constant)and would like to be able to link the individual illustrator CAD drawing to a database that could maintain and update fields based on individual keys and DB entries. All suggestions welcome-Thanks

Is upgrading to Illustrator 10 a possibility? That has the facility to use data-driven graphics.

Thanks to the first answer above, I can now get the HTML Text not be grayed out. My problem now is that the html text does not keep the formatting I entered in Illustrator. It will not use the correct font for example. How do I force it to do that? If I leave the text as a graphic everything is fine, as HTML nothing is right.

I know about only using fonts that I (and everyone else) has. I'm using Ariel and Times. If I manually edit the HTML code, I can at the font face in and it works. I'm frustrated that Illustrater will not put the face in for me. What do you mean, render the text as a graphic? If I make it a graphic it all works, but users on the web can't select and copy the text. Plus, all graphics is slower to load than HTML text.

thebareman:

I think you're in the wrong thread here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back