Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking from a frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunners

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
GB
Hello,

I have two frames, in the target frame i have a report and a hyperlink. I would like to click on this hyperlink from the driving frame.

The hyperlink is always called the same, but it is possible that the URL it sits on can change frequently.

How can i, using javascript, click this hyperlink from the driving frame? Unfortunately, i have no control over the target frame, only the driving frame.

Nunners.

Could you be more specific? What exactly is the "driving" frame anyway? And what is the link for? What frame is the link within? What does it point to? This is quite an unclear message.

Ok,

The driving frame is a navigator window on the left of the screen. I would like this 'navigator' to contain a hyperlink that points to another hyperlink in the target frame.

The target frame is cunningly called 'MAIN'. Within this 'MAIN' frame(!), there is another link called 'Export Data'. By hitting this 'Export Data' link, my users can export data from the frame to Excel.

However, big wigs in my company have specified that this will not do. They require the export function to be run from the navigator. So, in theory i want to click a hyperlink, which sits in the 'MAIN' frame, from the navigator frame.

Can this be done??

thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back