Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linking files to access db 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

2manyerrors

Programmer
May 14, 2009
US
Hi all,

I hope someone can help. I didn't see my post come up so I'm posting again. I hope there is no duplicates.

I have a table with the following fields;

ID
CustomerID
FileDescription
Date
DocPath

I then created a continuous form. The form has all the fields and two button.
I'm trying to get the first button to store the file path such as C:/files/mylife.pdf .
Then the second button when clicked will open the file.

I don't know how to do that. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance.
I've attached my db.

Thanks HiTechCoach,

Seems like the Access world is quite small. Searching through the web, I've founded your example a few days earlier. Thank you for posting. Have a wonderful day.

Hi HiTechCoach

I was able to use your example successfully but ran into one problem that I can't seem to figure out. I hope you can help me out.

I have the form as a sub form and is trying to disable the attach button when there is a document attached already. I've set the form to only accept new entry. The form is a continuous form. What I am trying to do is not allow the user to change the attached file but only to add new files.

I hope you can help with this? Thank you ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back