Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking fields in tabbed forms 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

germain2

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2007
US
I am trying to create a database with tabbed forms. How do I link the common ID and Name of person so that it shows up on each tab when it is opened? I already have the fields on each tab but I am unable to figure out the parent child link. Thank you for your help.

Can you restate that, please? Tabs do not have link fields. The normal way to a set up a control to appear for each tab is to put it on the parent form.

[tt]=======Form=======
Name:
ID:

====Tab=Tab=Tab===
FieldX:
FieldY:[/tt]

I hope I can make this clearer. I have a form with several tabs, the parent tab is the child's demographics. with name, ID, address, etc. I have the next tab with information about school activities,such as classes, hobbies. On both Child's demographics tab and Child school activities i have the ID, how do I get the ID to automatically show up on the School activities tab after typing it into the Child demographics tab without having to retype it. Thank you.

You do not seem to be using subforms, so you can put the control on the parent form and it will show though all tabs. If you are using subforms, you should set the Link Child and Link Master fields. Alternatives would include saving the record, but this may not be a suitable idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back