Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linking *.exe files in Director

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxg257

Programmer
Jul 11, 2003
US
Is it possible, when creating a cd for a client to include just the *.exe files and not the *.dir files as well? The problem I am having is this: If I put just the exe files in a directory by themselves to test them, and not the dir files as well, when the first scene is done playing (this first scene will play without the .dir file being present) and gets the command

on exitFrame me
play movie "MS_scene2"
end

I get a pop-up window looking for MS_scene2.dir. What I don't understand is why I can play each individual .exe file individually without the .dir being present but i can't play them as one movie and link them together. I do not want to include the .dir files on the cd itself because it is going to a client.

If anyone knows a way around this or what I am doing wrong your help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

it is so easy just go to file : create projector and then chose all the movies u want to include so u will have one exe file and no need to the dir files

Now why didn't I think of that? thank you so much! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back